Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Blue Ocean Breeze" Spray Paint Beneficiary #839

I've had this candle holder since before James and I got married. Whooeee! That was a long time ago! This December we will have been married for A DECADE! 10 years and it only feels like we've been married for 5 minutes. Like 5 minutes UNDER WATER. Ha! Just kidding! I love you, honey!

Anyway! Z Gallerie candle holder. Old and boring and black. I still like the curvy Asian pagoda look of it, but the color was just not not meshing with what I have going on in this here joint.


Someone should really clean up that wax.


I think it saw me coming with my can of spray paint, because I found it cowering in the corner of my closet.

Take that, sucker! And take these new white candles, too!


Do you hear the pagoda candle holder angels singing?

Now it's no longer banished to the dark recesses of my closet. It has earned a prominent position on the top of our bedroom chest dresser thing. 


Next to my favorite Ross owls and Z Gallerie clearance hourglass. So sparkly! 

 

I'm not the kind of person who doesn't light candles in order to keep them all perfect and fancy. But, I'll tell you! I'm having a hard time lighting these. Maybe because it's all so white and shiny and sparkly up in here. The rest of my house is not like this. In comparison, it kind of goes like this when you look around: crap crap crap junky crap SPARKLE WHITE AND BLUE PRISTINE DRESSER TOP crap crap. Okay, not really! But still! It's like this (but replace the Fluffy with SPARKLY AND PRETTY!):



Even when we had that big huge California power outage a week ago, and we were without power for nine hours, and night came, and it was dark, and we lit about a thousand candles, we didn't light these. Weird, right? I have my priorities.

We still need some sort of artwork to put on the wall behind it, but I still really love how it all looks. 


Sometimes, when James and I are feeling really wild and frisky . . .

wait for it . . .

We switch the candle holder from one side of the dresser to the other. I KNOW! It's hard to keep up with that kind of marriage magic. 


The candle holder looks so happy in its new color, don't you think?



10 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

BEAUTIOUS!!!!!!!! I love it! You know me, I'm an aqua gal :)
It reminds me of when we went to your first apartment in Alicante and your candle wax was dripping over the edge of the sconce and getting all over the side of your couch. Ha ha Remember that???

Angel.Pearls said...

Love the color!
Eva

4kidsgrandma said...

Sooooooo pretty! Use flameless wax candles (battery-operated) and they'll never look yucky! Wait for a Michael's or Joann's Fabric sale, though...they're kinda pricey. Some of them even have scents.

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

So pretty! I love it in its new and refreshed state!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Oooh - I LOVE your blue candle holder. I can't get enough of that color. So bright and cheery. Very pretty!!
shannonsews.blogspot.com

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Love this color, looks gorgeous! Stop over for a visit sometime...

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love this project! I've just discovered that exact paint and I've been using it in my craft room redo. And yes, I could hear the pagoda candle holder angels sing, LOL!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Absolutely lovely! Really appreciate you linking up at my blog party.

Emily Stephens said...

It looks beautiful! I love turquoise.

Found you through the Weekend Wrap Up on Tatertots & Jello. Would love for you to swing by and link up your project with my {new} Whip it Up Wednesday handmade party.

Best,
Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

Promosyon said...

I made these years ago. We did red and green for Christmas and later brown tones for Thanksgiving and pink and green for Apple Blossom. My Mom kept them for years for most memorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...