Friday, January 15, 2010

Things Peyton Teaches Ella on the Drive Home

TUESDAY: The Toilet Song

Here's the brand-new song Peyton learned at school. (Thanks, recess friends!) And taught to Ella on the 15 minute car ride home. It's awesome in its my-kids-have-reached-THAT-age-ness:


Totally reminds me of the Parenthood diarrhea song. And don't you just love Peyton as a back-up dancer?

Just in case you're jealous that your child isn't as fluent in potty songs, here are the lyrics:

We will, we will...
Rock you!
Sock you!
Pick you up and drop you!
Flush you down the toilet!
I hope you enjoy it!



FRIDAY: The Pain of Childbirth

Ella: I want to be a baby again.

Peyton: You can! When you die and you go to heaven if you're really good in heaven then you can be born again and be a baby. But it's going to hurt because you have to have sharp scissors sticking out of your tummy.

Ella: Why?

Peyton: Because when you're in Mommy's tummy there's a tube so that you can eat. And when you come out of Mommy's tummy you have to have the scissors to cut the tube. And it's going to hurt!

Ella: Why?

Peyton: Because that's what happens when you are born. And you are going to whine and cry a lot!

Ella: How do you know?

Peyton: Because I have a scrapbook and it shows all about how I was born and the scissors.

Ella: I want to see it!

Peyton: Okay, when we get home I'll show you.

And when we got home he showed her the picture that has obviously scarred him for life:


Maybe I should clarify things a little for him, but, really, this is way more entertaining.

And these two car rides home are much, much better than what I usually get to listen to. You know, the standard screaming about how one kid gave the other one a mean face or is humming too loud or has the nerve to breathe.


4 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

I am in love with that video!!! Squeeze them tight for me, k? XO

4kidsgrandma said...

Oh, some of the misconceptions kids have about life's biggest events are downright scary! This made me laugh...thanks!

Liz said...

I was crying with laughter reading about the scissors. Hysterical!

Paula said...

I can't take it! That has got to be the funniest story ever! I'm glad you have this written down for posterity! They're gonna love it when they're older!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...